[R-SIG-Mac] Saving or copying graphics from Quartz returns empty file

Heather CHAPMAN heatherchapman at weber.edu
Fri Jan 25 16:59:30 CET 2013

Hi,
Can anyone suggest some help for saving or copying graphs I've created in the Quartz screen? I've read the R-FAQ and tried to search for answers, but have not found anything. I'm using a Mac, Mountain Lion OS, and have version 2.15.2 of R.

When I save a graphic, the process either crashes R, or if it saves a file, when I open it I get a blank file or an error message that reads "The file Rplot.pdf could not be opened." When I try to copy the graphic instead to paste into any other program (Word, Excel, etc), a blank image frame is all I get. I have also tried running graphics and either saving or exporting from RStudio and have the same issues.

I assume there is some package I've not loaded or some bug fix I need to get, but I can't find any documentation about it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heather Chapman
Heather Chapman
Senior Research Analyst for Assessment