[R-SIG-Mac] *** caught segfault *** cause 'memory not mapped'

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:18:17 CET 2013

On Feb 17, 2013, at 17:01 , Vanni Rovera wrote:

> I tried with the R.app GUI you suggested, but nothing has changed.
>
> I try to answer to your questions: I always work directly in the R console, typing the commands and then pressing the Enter key. I never use scripts. Now I tried to write a script using the dataset persproject. The script was as follows:
>
> attach(persproject)
> library(Rcmdr)
> plotMeans(Recall,Dosage)
>
> When I selected 'Execute' R went down and remained like frozen. I had to force quit. If instead I type directly in the R console I obtain the following:
>
> > attach(persproject)
> > library(Rcmdr)
> Carico il pacchetto richiesto: car
> Carico il pacchetto richiesto: MASS
> Carico il pacchetto richiesto: nnet
> > plotMeans(

I can't reproduce this on 10.7.5/R 2.15.2. The only thing I can spot is that I have

> library(Rcmdr)

where you seem to be missing the tcltk bit.

Otherwise, it could be something in the Italian translations, or maybe there is something with the persproject data set that you are not telling us. Or there could be a problem with your Tcl/Tk libraries.

Did you try starting R from a terminal? (As in Launchpad -> Utilities -> Terminal, then type R at the prompt).