[R-SIG-Mac] edgeR cannot be installed in R version 2.15.2 for Mac

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 01:40:42 CET 2013

On Feb 12, 2013, at 4:14 PM, Shajahan Anver wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I updated my R to 2.15.2 [R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26) Platform:
> x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)].
>
> I had edgeR installed in the previous version but is no longer compatible
> with R and cannot reinstall. I get the following message.
>
> " there is no package called ŒedgeR‚ ". This is also true for Vennerable (I
> had it before I updated to R version 2.15.2). Any suggestions?

The CRAN Archive has no listing for an `edgeR`. Perhaps you should review your records to see where and when you got it? ....<google>  oh, there it is .... it's a Bioc package. Furthermore, version 3.0.8 is available and loads without complaint on my 2.15.2 system running under SnowLeopard. Vennerable is on R-Forge.

My suggestion is for you to exhibit greater effort at searching. Both of these packages show up on the first page of hits when searched for just with their names.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA