[R-SIG-Mac] BRugs Error

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 23:30:07 CET 2013

On Feb 10, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Paul Ossenbruggen wrote:

> 	I installed XCode, XQuartz and OpenBUGS on my Mac using WINE. When
> I tried to test my installation I received the following error.

It's hard for me to believe that any package designed to be used on a
Windows emulator would be able to access XCode facilities. I'm always
learning new things however.

> The following code is an example from R Help bugs:
>
>> schools.sim <- bugs(data, inits,
> + 	parameters, model.file, n.chains=3,
> + 	n.iter=1000,
> + 	n.thin=10,n.burnin=10,bin=1,
> + 	DIC=FALSE,debug=TRUE,
> + 	useWINE = TRUE,
> + 	program = "OpenBUGS",
> + 	bugs.directory="c:/ProgramFiles/OpenBUGS/")
> Error in openbugs(data, inits, parameters.to.save, model.file,
> n.chains,  :
>  BRugs is required
> In addition: Warning message:
> In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE,
> logical.return = TRUE,  :
>  there is no package called ‘BRugs’

I'm guessing not very many people on this list are running R under
WINE. There is a perfectly fine version of R running under MacOS. Why
would we want to slow it down by running under WINE. (You are
certainly free to slow it down, but you really should post a complete
problem description in any case.)

?sessionInfo
?libaryPaths

> 	If correct, BRugs does not exist for R 2.15.1.

Not on your machine in the places your setup is looking for it, anyway.