[R-SIG-Mac] installing rgl with the 3.0 RC

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Tue Feb 5 16:46:27 CET 2013

Thanks Rob, that's a very good trick to know.

Duncan's suggestion about using configure.args="--disable-cocoa" worked for me - I have an rgl installation that works interactively.  Now however, when I try to install a source package that uses rgl, I get the following (also sent to Duncan separately).  Does this ring any bells?  I'm not sure what the install process is doing with dependent packages that is different, but obviously it doesn't like something.  Thank you.  Bryan

* installing *source* package ‘ChemoSpec’ ...
** R
** data
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Warning: replacing previous import ‘panel.lines’ when loading ‘lattice’
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
   ‘ChemoSpec.Rnw’
** testing if installed package can be loaded
*** arch - i386
********
********
********
********  Completed Bryan's .Rprofile GET TO WORK!
********
Warning: replacing previous import ‘panel.lines’ when loading ‘lattice’
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rgl', details:
  call: library.dynam(dll, pkg, lib.loc = lib)
  error: shared object ‘rgl.so’ not found
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
*** arch - x86_64
********
********
********
********  Completed Bryan's .Rprofile GET TO WORK!
********
Warning: replacing previous import ‘panel.lines’ when loading ‘lattice’
ERROR: loading failed for ‘i386’
* removing ‘/Users/bryanhanson/Library/R/3.0/library/ChemoSpec’
* restoring previous ‘/Users/bryanhanson/Library/R/3.0/library/ChemoSpec’