[R-SIG-Mac] cannot get r commander to install

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Dec 22 17:03:59 CET 2013

Dear David and Drew,

As far as I can tell from his postings, Drew's problem isn't specific to the
Rcmdr, and is different from problems with Mac OS X 10.9 that were
previously reported. There are installation notes for the Rcmdr package at
<http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/Rcmdr/installation-notes.html>,
including information specific to Mac OS X 10.9, but, to reiterate, these
have nothing to do with Drew's more general package-installation problem.

If Drew hasn't already done so, if I were he, I would uninstall R and then
reinstall it and desired packages from a different mirror, in case a
corrupted installation is the source of the problem. If the problem
persists, then it may have an origin on Drew's system outside of R, but I'm
insufficiently knowledgeable about Mac OS X to suggest a solution, which is
why I didn't respond to the original posting.

I hope that this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I'm
> going to bow out from the conversation.
>
> (I can say that you really _ought_ to provide more specifics if you want
help.)
> --
> David.
>

> > On Dec 20, 2013, at 4:57 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net>
> wrote:

> the newest version (3.0.2).

> well until the end, when I got a series of errors (will paste below).

OS