[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with Rcmdr via XQuartz on OSX Mavericks

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 1 16:50:42 CET 2013

So for people with a CRAN build of R, the tick box is the way to go
(and/or keep the console visible).  I've added that to the R-admin manual.

If you do build R.app against 10.9, then you should be using the App Nap
API. I think that in part is straightforward, as 'busy' gets set when
the R interpreter is evaluating.  So Re_RBusy needs to use the

beginActivityWithOptions:reason:,
endActivity:,

methods on the NSProcessInfo class.  I'll leave that to someone fluent
in ObjC.