[R-SIG-Mac] R.app doesn't respect DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Aug 9 23:12:34 CEST 2013

Sorry for coming in late - I was traveling - otherwise I'd hope to stop this madness earlier :)

Any reason why R for Mac FAQ 12.18 (and the proposed solutions) would not apply here?

I also agree that DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH should not be messed with and that the proper solution is to fix the libtk*dylib which has bad ID and thus gets linked incorrectly (missing path).