[R-SIG-Mac] How to move existing packages?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Apr 9 18:41:42 CEST 2013

On Apr 9, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Petar Milin wrote:

> Hello!
> I am new to Mac and I wonder is there a way to migrate all existing packages to the latest R 3.0? I did that for my colleague who uses MS Win, and that never was as issue in Linux. So, what are our options under Mac OS X?

You can either use the GUI (in the Package Installer -> "Select Packages from R 2.15" -> Install) or the command line:

a=rownames(installed.packages("/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library"))
install.packages(!(a %in% rownames(installed.packages())))

The latter works on any OS.