[R-SIG-Mac] maptools in R 3.0.0 (Steve Lianoglou)

Joseph Kunkel joe at bio.umass.edu
Sun Apr 7 19:04:49 CEST 2013

Marc,

I had the same problem with another library while trying to download it in the R-Package Installer of R for Mac OS X GUI.  I was installing the fields library which needed to also load a dependency library which would not load and was not in the 'Cran binary' list.  The library of course would not work without the dependency.  However when I looked in the lists available under Get List button the option 'Other Repository' had the needed library.  I loaded it and the fields function that needed the dependency library worked.  I am not sure this is a temporary fix or whether all dependencies that might automatically be loaded will be brought into the combined 'Cran binary' list.  I guess this might be a R OS X GUI issue?
Joseph G. Kunkel, Research Professor
Center for Land-Sea Interactions
Marine Science Center
University of New England