[R-SIG-Mac] maptools in R 3.0.0

Marc Girondot marc_grt at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 6 14:57:33 CEST 2013

I posted my question in R-help Mailing list but Brian Ripley answers
that it was not the good place to ask for it.
Since R 3.0.0, compiled version of maptools package is no more available
as a binary in cran. Brian Ripley answers me that I must build it from
source... ok. But how. That is my question.
He gives me the trick that rgeos must be installed first:
I do it from http://r.research.att.com/libs/

Then how to build maptools package ? I am lost.

Thanks a lot.
Marc

Marc Girondot, Pr

Laboratoire Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution
Equipe de Conservation des Populations et des Communautés
CNRS, AgroParisTech et Université Paris-Sud 11 , UMR 8079
Bâtiment 362
91405 Orsay Cedex, France

Tel:  33 1 (0)1.69.15.72.30   Fax: 33 1 (0)1.69.15.73.53
e-mail: marc.girondot at u-psud.fr
Web: http://www.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/Marc.html
Skype: girondot