[R-SIG-Mac] ‘package ‘XML’ is not installed for 'arch=x86_64'’

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sat Sep 29 03:05:54 CEST 2012

Others may be able to give a more authoritative answer.  I doubt that
the method of installation was per se the difference.  I installed using
the Package installer, on April 6 2012.  The publication date
(2012-01-31 07:37:18) was the same as for the package that you
installed by first downloading.  You may have been unlucky that
something went wrong when you installed using the Package Installer.
Or, just possibly, a different file was temporarily on CRAN when you
used the package installer.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm