[R-SIG-Mac] ‘package ‘XML’ is not installed for 'arch=x86_64'’

Ricardo.Julio.Rodriguez.Fernandez at sergas.es Ricardo.Julio.Rodriguez.Fernandez at sergas.es
Fri Sep 28 07:58:37 CEST 2012

Hi!

I've installed it twice from R Console, once launching it with R and once with R64, by using the graphical R Package Installer and picking up CRAN binaries as repository.

It seems that some thing failed following this way or I've done something the wrong way. Downloading and installing the binary available at CRAN as Dan Tenenbaum suggested did the trick. Now I get XML installed both in 32 and 64 bits consoles.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  stats     methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] XML_3.9-4      foreign_0.8-50

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  stats     methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] XML_3.9-4      foreign_0.8-50

Please, must we expect to get it installed for both architectures by installing it from the graphical interface? Where am I lost?

Thanks for helping me to better understand R framework!

Ricardo