[R-SIG-Mac] ‘package ‘XML’ is not installed for 'arch=x86_64'’

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 28 03:32:23 CEST 2012

That is odd. I can do:

> library(XML)
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_AU.UTF-8/en_AU.UTF-8/en_AU.UTF-8/C/en_AU.UTF-8/en_AU.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
[6] methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] XML_3.9-4

[1] tools_2.15.1

Also under help(package='XML'), go to the Description file, I see:
  Date/Publication: 2012-01-31 07:37:18
  Built: R 2.15.0; universal-apple-darwin9.8.0; 2012-03-31 00:12:17 UTC; unix
  Archs: i386, ppc, x86_64

I've not compiled it.  But maybe there is a risk that if I try to do anything with
it, it will fail?   Is the difference that I have a 2.15.0 build?

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm