[R-SIG-Mac] Naive question about permissions

Paul Hewson paul.hewson at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 21:52:27 CEST 2012

Hello,
I have just been given an institutional macbook - I'm very used to linux, but some apple things are baffling me (like the lack of sudo apt-get update and upgrade for example).

I've installed roasted marshmallows, it's very nice.   However, I can't run it from command line (or aquamacs) due to some permissions error.   I've checked both R, the R64 and the symlink as described on the FAQ page.   All the permissions look OK (everyone seems to have x).

The only thing I can think of is that I'm not in the admin group (and can't seem to put myself in that group).    Could this be a chmod issue or am I barking up the wrong tree completely.

Paul

Paul Hewson
Editor, Teaching Statistics (www.teachingstatistics.co.uk)
Associate Professor (SL) Statistics