[R-SIG-Mac] install question

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 18 17:35:06 CEST 2012

On 18-10-2012, at 17:07, Hodgess, Erin wrote:

> This would be stuff like "sudo apt-get install r-cran-rgeos" please

That is not how you install R packages on (Mac) OS X.

- Start R.app or R64.app.
- Select from the menu Packages & Data, Package Installer
- Click Get List
- Filter with rgeos
- Select it and look in the left bottom panel to decide where you want it installed
- Check Install Dependencies if required and  Click Install Selected

You may have to set your CRAN repository. Goto the menu: R, Preference and click General. The rest is easy.

Berend