[R-SIG-Mac] [R] missing gcc-42-5666.3-darwin11.pkg

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 23:11:25 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Torben Griebe <torbengriebe at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just wanted to install gfortran via homebrew on mac os x mountain
> lion. It uses the package gcc-42-5666.3-darwin11.pkg for installation.
> Unfortunately I recognized that this package is not available anymore.
> But the google cache told me that it was available at
> http://r.research.att.com/tools/gcc-42-5666.3-darwin11.pkg some time
> ago (the site was cached at Sep 30th).
> Does anybody know, if the package was removed?
> I also read that AT&T got some downtime a couple of hours ago. Could
> this be the actual problem? Is there any chance to be able to download
> the package again?
>
> Finally, I don't know, if this is the right place for this question.
> Honestly this is my first mailing list I'm posting to since ever :)
> So, if I'm at the wrong place, be patient with me ;)

Fair question here, but in this case, I'll actually forward it along
to the R-SIG-Mac list. There are R-SIG groups for Debian, Mac, and
Fedora, though not Windows, just for future reference. You'd probably
be able to get a good answer if we kept it here, but Simon Urbanek
takes care of the R-SIG-Mac and he's the official "Mac Guy" for all
things R and maintainer of the r.research.att.com site so he'll have
the definitive word.

Michael