[R-SIG-Mac] R Update - FAILED- HELP!!!

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 11:21:59 CEST 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Jean Jang <jeanwaijang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks very much Michael,
>
> I have posted  on RStudio a note and hopefully will hear from them
> soon. I am afraid too to reinstall and will wait for a reply first. On
> their site it says to delete files such as Rprofile, .Renviron,
> and .RData but this all sounds way too scary to even try at this
> point. I will wait for a reply.
>
> I have been backing up and I could system restore to yesterday but
> then I am stuck without an update and the lost of the work I did
> yesterday.
>
> I'm leaving that backup attached to my computer (hourly) until this
> project is finished!
>
> Where do I search for my saved scripts? (~/.rstudio-desktop), it did
> not work in Finder.

It sounds like you've already got things sorted, so feel free not to
follow up on this, but this is more Terminal magic.

Open a terminal and you'll already be in ~, so then just type

open .rstudio-desktop

to open a new Finder window in a "hidden" folder where RStudio saves
its configuration files and whatnot. Your scripts are likely in there
somewhere.

I'd also recommend you do look into Dropbox, which will back up your
files instantly whenever you save a change, from anywhere in the world
as long as you have an internet connection.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/11/en

Cheers,
Michael