[R-SIG-Mac] library not found for -lX11

Jakson Alves de Aquino jalvesaq at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:16:56 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Prof Brian Ripley
>> <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> But those paths should not be used unconditionally (as you have).
>>> They are not right for most x86_64 Linux, Solaris, ... and they
>>> might not even be right on Mac OS X (depending on the X
>>> installation).
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't known how to find the correct path at compile
>> time.
>
> Use a configure script: see 'Writing R Extensions' (and see how R
> itself does it).

Thanks for the suggestion! I adapted the code from cairoDevice
package. It was just a matter of replacing gtk with x11 and I hope
that now it will build on any unix that have X installed.

    https://github.com/jalvesaq/VimCom/

Best regards,

--
Jakson Alves de Aquino