[R-SIG-Mac] library not found for -lX11

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 14:05:25 CET 2012

But those paths should not be used unconditionally (as you have).  They
are not right for most x86_64 Linux, Solaris, ... and they might not
even be right on Mac OS X (depending on the X installation).

And PKG_CPPFLAGS was correct: that means flags for cpp, the C
pre-processor, not for C++ (which is macro PKG_CXXFLAGS).  See 'Writing
R Extensions'.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk