[R-SIG-Mac] library not found for -lX11

Jakson Alves de Aquino jalvesaq at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:18:27 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Jakson Alves de Aquino
<jalvesaq at gmail.com> wrote:
> I submitted a package to CRAN:
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/vimcom/index.html
>
> It builds on Linux without warnings, but there is the following error
> on Mac OS X:
>
>     ld: library not found for -lX11
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>     make: *** [vimcom.so] Error 1
>     ERROR: compilation failed for package 'vimcom'
>
> The complete log is here:
> http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macosx-ix86/vimcom-00install.html
>
> I know that I have to edit the src/Makevars file, but I don't know
> what I should put there and I don't have access to any machine running
> Mac OS X to make tests. Any help will be appreciated.

I've found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5841008/problem-in-linking-x11-in-mac-os-x

So, it seems that a Makevars file with the following content would
solve the problem:

PKG_LIBS=-L/usr/X11/lib -lX11

I would be grateful if someone could try to build the package with the
above change in the src/Makevars since, as I have said, I can't make
tests.

Thanks,

--
Jakson Alves de Aquino