[R-SIG-Mac] equivalent of choose.dir()

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Nov 29 09:37:45 CET 2012

Dear Mac-users,

I have asked on the R list already, but this Mac-list might be more
appropriate.
I am looking for a function that can choose folders interactively, like
choose.dir() on Windows, or like file.choose() does for files.

I have found tcltk::tk_choose.dir() but R hangs when I try to do
anything and I have to force exit.

Jim Holtman proposed to choose a file with file.choose() and then get
the path from it using dirname(). This approach would work, but it would
be even better if I could choose a folder directly.

Duncan Murdoch told me that I could write the equivalent of choose.dir()
for MacOS, but it is beyond my reach.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)
locale:
[1] fr_FR.UTF-8/fr_FR.UTF-8/fr_FR.UTF-8/C/fr_FR.UTF-8/fr_FR.UTF-8
attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods base

--
Ivan CALANDRA
Université de Bourgogne
ivan.calandra at u-bourgogne.fr