Re: [R-SIG-Mac] How can i solve the Error: unexpected input in "A=lm( "GandW" ~ Authocracy,Data)"

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 01:53:11 CET 2012

On Nov 25, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Faradj Koliev wrote:

> When try ti run lm() I get this error message: Error: unexpected
> input in "A=lm( "GandW" ~ Authocracy,Data)"
>
> What is it that Iam doing wrong?

I believe this problem is already identified (after some gratuitous
and inaccurate Mac bashing) on R-help. Non-ASCII characters were being
input at the end of that command and Bill Dunlap showed you how that
also happens with those characters entered there in a Linux session.
What was not ever explained is how you were getting these junk
characters in your input.

My browser displays the Nabble accessible version of this as four
small boxes with numbers in them, while Mail.app refuses to display
them and using the view source option on the Nabble page shows them as
four empty boxes.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Why-do-i-get-quot-Error-unexpected-input-in-quot-A-lt-lm-GandW-Authocracy-Data-quot-td4650559.html

If you have an R source file that you want to process, I suggested
using TextWrangler.app to "Zap Gremlins ..."

--

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA