[R-SIG-Mac] drag & drop on R icon not changing directory

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Nov 6 21:04:52 CET 2012

I suspect this is an unintended side effect of some performance improvement in r6244 - unfortunately no one seems to have noticed it in the beta phase. I don't have any strong opinions on this - I certainly want the directory to change for RData files, but I don't have any opinion on source files. Certainly, it did break the documented behavior since 2.15.1 because I happened to specifically write down the current behavior in the NEWS entry for 2.15.1 and it no longer behaves that way. I think it may be worth just reverting the changes since I suspect this was not intended (but Hans-Joerg would be the person to ask if this was intended).

Thanks,
Simon