[R-SIG-Mac] Crash on pasting large amounts of text.

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 3 15:51:39 CEST 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 8:34 AM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> On May 2, 2012, at 11:24 PM, David Winsemius wrote:
>

>> On May 2, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Demitri Muna wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> It's the big "report this to Apple" crash. The whole app goes down.

>>> These seem to have been introduced by the mailer - they don't
>>> exist in the original data. I wasn't sure if I could send an
>>> attachment, but I'll try that now.
>>
>> I'm the only one who got that zipped file and I'm not planning on
>> opening a potentially executable file on this machine.
>
> I think you are misunderstanding what is a zip file ...

So I'm now wondering if there are two components to my misunderstanding:

1) My experience with Windows is that zip files are sometimes delivery
vehicles for executable files and htat the OS can be configure to auto-
execute such files on decompression without further intervention. I
worried that MacOS might have the same potential.

2) Am I also then misunderstanding what sorts of files the mailserver
accepts and passes on to the list subscribers?

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT