[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with R 2.14.12 and Mac Snow Leopard

Sun Mar 18 20:51:54 CET 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM, j ugarriza <estebanugarriza at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed R 2.14.12 in my Mac OS Snow Leopard (10.6.8), and I could not make it read .txt or .dta files, and it keeps giving me "unexpected input" and "unexpected symbol" messages. I guess there might be an automatic text substitution problem, but there is no option in Leopard to fully deactivate it. Could it be something else?

We have no idea what it can be since you didn't give us an example (in
R code) of what you are trying to do and the exact error it gives.

Also, when you say R 2.14.12, I guess you mean R 2.14.2 (there is no x.x.12).

If you can somehow provide the file that is failing as well, it would
be easier to help -- one way to do so is put it up on a web server
somewhere that we can then
`source(http://yourserver.com/badfile.txt')` ... (I'm not sure if this
email list strips attachments, is all).

HTH,