[R-SIG-Mac] Installing rgl - error: X11 not found but required, configure aborted

Sun Mar 11 15:14:44 CET 2012

Hi Ezhil,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Ezhil A <ezhil05 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Steve. I don't see X11.app in /Applications/Utilities. I did
> install xcode and X11 is there under /usr/X11. I will check the mac support
> group site for this. Any suggestions to keep X11.app
> under /Applications/Utilities?

I'm not well versed in how to check if X11 is properly installed, but
the fact that you don't see it under /Applications/Utilities/X11.app
seems weird to me.

I'm also not sure if it's installed by default just by installing
XCode (I reckon Simon will chime in soon).

I don't think you mentioned what version of OS X you are running, did you?

Anyway, I'm not sure what's gong on, but if I were you I think I'd try
to (re?)install X11 and try again.

I know that you can install X11 from your system install disks -- at
one point in time, you would find this under some "Optional Installs"
something on the system install disk, not sure where it is now.

Alternatively, I think you could also install X11 using the installer
here, if you like:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki

HTH,
-steve