[R-SIG-Mac] problem with lack of BWidget in TCL/TK 8.6

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:16:33 CEST 2012

On Jul 3, 2012, at 23:01 , Richard Friedman wrote:

> I cannot find BWidget anywhere in /usr/local/lib or its subdirectories, although Tktable is there:

So it isn't installed. Install it, then.

Get

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcllib/files/BWidget/1.9.5/bwidget-1.9.5.tar.gz

unpack the tar file into /usr/local/lib:

cd /usr/local/lib
sudo tar xvf ~pd/Downloads/bwidget-1.9.5.tar

(replacing ~pd if you're not me, of course)

Done. Verify by starting R and

> library(tcltk)
> tclRequire("BWidget")
<Tcl> 1.9.5