[R-SIG-Mac] workspace not loaded when *.rdata is opened in finder

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jan 23 20:01:23 CET 2012

On Jan 23, 2012, at 6:56 AM, Randy Lai wrote:

> R workspace is not loaded when a rdata file is opened in finder.
> However, It happens only when R is closed.
> When R is opened and rdata is opened in finder, the workspace is loaded.

Your message is a bit cryptic, but if the way I parse it you're simply describing the normal behavior of R. When you start a fresh R you can specify the directory that you want to start it in by dragging - just like cd + R would do. Once R is running, the workspace is already loaded, so obviously it doesn't make sense to just replace it with another one.