[R-SIG-Mac] ESC key and STOP button not working in R 2.14.1

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Mon Jan 9 14:28:15 CET 2012

Thanks, Hans,

That works for clearing the line.  I should have looked at the NEWS for
the R.app GUI:

Last-update: 2011-12-22 [HJBB]
*	In RConsole pressing the ESC key will invoke
	"completion" as in standard application if no
	R command runs including system(..., wait=TRUE)
	otherwise pressing ESC key or STOP button will
	try to terminate the running R command and, if
	a system(..., wait=TRUE) runs, it will kill the
	system command

but how about if I have an uncompleted command, i.e. with + prompt.
ESC used to jump out of that and it doesn't nor does ⇧⌘⇠ seem
to work?  Thanks, again.

best,

Ken

--