[R-SIG-Mac] Block commenting - I found it

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Feb 2 15:42:43 CET 2012

On 2 Feb 2012, at 15:29, Carl Witthoft wrote:

> A little hacking later:
>
> CMD-'   will apply "#" to each line,
> CMD-OPT-'  will remove them.
>
> But I'm still interested in knowing what other undocumented keystrokes are out there.

Do you wonder why a selection will be wrapped by `` after pressing ` well then I can help you.

If you select something in the R script editor or in the RConsole and you will then press ( or { or [ or " or ' or ` then the selection will be wrapped by these characters; of course for parentheses by the corresponding closing variant.

Since ⌥⌘+` is not assigned to any command this short-cut will simply wrap the selection by ``.

Cheers,
--Hans