[R-SIG-Mac] Shortcut to apply comment character to a block of code in editor?

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Thu Feb 2 15:22:34 CET 2012

Hi,
Someone claimed in this StackOverflow thread
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9107695/r-comment-out-block-of-code
that the sequence "CMD-OPT-`"  would comment the selected block.  What
it does, on my machine, is to place the "`" at the start and end of the
selection, which of course just makes a mess.

So-- is there actually a  keystroke to apply "#" to all selected rows in
the editor?  And while I'm at it,  does "CMD-OPT-`" have an intended
use, or is it something "leftover" in the R.app editor code?

Many thanks
Carl

My R:  R version 2.14.1 (2011-12-22)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

--

Sent from my Cray XK6
"Pendeo-navem mei anguillae plena est."