[R-SIG-Mac] object '.lec.Random.seed.table' not found

Chien Lin Terry Huang chienlinterry.huang at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 05:21:37 CET 2012

Hi all,

I attempted to install "RSPRNG" package in OSX Lion by just selecting it
from the Package Installer menu, and later realised it was a stupid
idea! However, after the installation failed, the error "object
'.lec.Random.seed.table' not found" appeared when I run the following code:

test = function( iter , cores )
{
     cl = makeCluster( cores , type = "SOCK" );
     clusterSetupRNG( cl );
     registerDoSNOW( cl );

     output = foreach( i = 1:iter , .combine = "rbind") %dopar%
     {
         runif( 1 , 0 , 1 );
     }

     stopCluster( cl );

output;
}

test( 100 , 2 )

The reason that I wanted to install "RSPRNG", is because I seemed to get
the same "random" number stream every time when I run the code above.

My question is, 1) how can I fix the error. 2) How can I avoid getting
the same random number stream for each nodes?

Many thanks
Terry