[R-SIG-Mac] R and R-Studio in new MacBook Pro retina with flash storage

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Dec 15 11:40:50 CET 2012

On 15/12/2012 02:36, Ray DiGiacomo, Jr. wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> I have a MacBook Pro with Retina display and use R everyday.  I have not
> seen any issues related to the flash storage.
>
> I have not used RStudio very frequently so I cannot say if that software
> works well on a Retina model - but I am assuming it does.
>
> R is mainly a RAM-oriented tool so the flash-style disk storage probably
> won't be much of a problem.

'Flash storage' (you mean an SSD, I presume) is hardly new: my 2008 Mac
Book Air had it, and all recent MBAs do (including the one I now have).

As far as any application (including R and RStudio) sees, the OS
presents a POSIX file system, and that is true for a spinning disc, an
SSD or a 'fusion drive' ....

> Best Regards,
>
> Ray DiGiacomo, Jr.

[Ads removed.]