[R-SIG-Mac] R Mac GUI no longer setting working directory?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 21:13:34 CET 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Ben Bond-Lamberty wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> Opening the Mac GUI by double-clicking a ".R" file used to
> automatically set the working directory to the location of that file.
> This seems to have changed sometime recently (I'm on 2.15.2), with the
> working directory now always remaining at ~. Is this behavior
> intentional? A bug?

If anything changed, it was in the defaults for the GUI. To change to what I think remains the default, at least in my installation of R 2.15.2 and R.app GUI 1.53 (6335), in the GUI go to R/Preferences/Startup and make sure the "Always apply" checkbox remains unchecked.

--
David.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA