[R-SIG-Mac] library not found for -lX11

Jakson Alves de Aquino jalvesaq at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 03:14:07 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Jakson Alves de Aquino
<jalvesaq at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Simon Urbanek
> <simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:
>> I wrote this post yesterday but for some reason it did not leave the
>> outbox, so apologies to everyone since a mailer glitch apparently
>> failed to prevent the waste of time of quite a few people. To follow
>> up on the post - the autoconf macros to look for are AC_PATH_X and
>> AC_PATH_XTRA.
>
> Thank you! I updated the package using AC_PATH_EXTRA in the
> configure.ac.

Good news: the new version of vimcom package is on CRAN now and its
binary for Mac OS X is available there.

I'm grateful to everyone who helped either suggesting solutions to the
problem or testing the package. The Vim-R-plugin, which uses vimcom,
is here (with link to screenshots and videos):

Best regards,

--
Jakson Alves de Aquino
Federal University of Ceará