[R-SIG-Mac] Making package "frontier" available for Mac: debugging Fortran code

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:52:16 CET 2012

Dear Don (and others)

Thanks a lot for your immediate and helpful response. In the future, I
will advice Mac users to install the "frontier" package with the
additional argument 'type = "source"'. If this problem only occurs on
the CRAN server, I will contact them to figure out the cause of the
problem. Does anybody have an idea why the error (segmentation fault)
occurs on one (or more) Mac computers (at least the Mac used by CRAN)
but not on other Mac computers or on MS-Windows and GNU-Linux machine?
Could this bu be caused or triggered by the compiler or some compiler
options?

Cheers,
Arne