[R-SIG-Mac] Making package "frontier" available for Mac: debugging Fortran code

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:35:35 CET 2012

Dear Mac users

I am the maintainer of the R package "frontier." Some Mac users made
me aware of that this package is not available for their system [1],
because its Fortran code causes a segmentation fault when "R CMD
check" runs the example code. This error neither occurs on MS-Windows
nor on GNU-Linux systems. As I do not have access to a Mac system, I
cannot debug this error and I wonder if someone on this list could
help me to debug and fix this error. Thanks a lot in advance!

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/frontier/index.html

[2] http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macosx-ix86/frontier-00check.html

Best wishes from Copenhagen,
Arne