[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.15.1 installer with signature (for Mountain Lion)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Aug 14 22:39:26 CEST 2012

On Aug 14, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Berend Hasselman <bhh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 14-08-2012, at 20:10, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>
>> Mountain Lion has been around for a few days and, interestingly, so far no one has complained here, but the default privacy setting prevents unsigned installer packages from installing.
>

> I'm still on 10.6.8 and will wait at least until 10.8.1,

I'm not a big fan of 10.7/10.8 myself and I have specifically downgraded the machines where I actually need to do some real work, but that doesn't mean I can ignore it :).

> and possibly until the Save As ... mess  is cleared up.

10.8 brings it back, so at least that mess is somewhat cleaned up ;)

> And until more about gcc and gfortran  needed for R and packages is known.

There are no changes there - so far the releases still use the same toolchain and at least in the near future there are no plans to change that. Fortunately, Apple still includes gcc in the Xcode command line tools so Xcode CLT + CRAN Fortran still works just fine.