[R-SIG-Mac] Need help urgently

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Aug 12 20:49:56 CEST 2012

On Aug 12, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:

> Hi:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Yanto Chandra <ychandra.logic at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>> Dear Friends
>>>
>>> I am new to R. I just installed the Installer on my Mac OS, and
>>> realized
>>> that the screen is not showing the menu and function (on the top
>>> left of
>>> the screen) as you would normally see it if you had downloaded it
>>> using
>>> Windows. This does not allow me to perform (or execute) commands
>>> in the
>>> command editor.
>>>
>>> Did I miss anything here in the installation process? Should I
>>> install
>>> something else on top of this?
>>
>> For those of us who aren't familiar w/ the windows install of R, it's
>> hard to follow what the problem is.
>>
>> Did you install R successfully?
>> Do you have R.app and R64.app in your /Applications folder?
>> Do they successfully launch?
>> Can you type commands into the workspace that's launched?
>>
>> What "menu and function" are you talking about?
>>
>> ?
>>

> Even  more so, information on:
>
> 1.  What version of the operating system
>
> 2.  What an how you did the install, and where you got it from.
>
> 3. What you launched that is not producing a desired result.

And to add to that excellent set of questions. Has the OP read through
the Mac-OS-FAQ?

cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html

It has an explanation of the menu system that controls the Mac GUI.

(It should have been part of the initial install, at least it has been
for many recent versions.)

--
David.

David Winsemius, MD