[R-SIG-Mac] [R] rgl_0.92.879 package broke with R 2.15

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 25 02:05:08 CEST 2012

On Apr 24, 2012, at 6:24 PM, Grimes Mark wrote:

> Holley
>
> Sorry, maybe I didn't answer your question.  I followed the path on the error message and found the offending file and removed it from that directory.  Is this the problem or that you did this and it still doesn't work?

What Holly said is that she can't find a way to delete the file. You can find the file with

system.file("libs",.Platform$r_arch,"aglrgl.so",package="rgl")

so you can remove it with

unlink(system.file("libs",.Platform$r_arch,"aglrgl.so",package="rgl"))

However, you didn't include necessary details with your posts (like your OS version) so it's unclear whether there is really a problem (I can't reproduce it on my system) so I can't vouch for the hack.