[R-SIG-Mac] xmlTreeParse

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 18 03:51:42 CEST 2012

I am looking for clues on getting xmlTreeParse(), from the XML package,
working under Lion.  The help page has the note:
'Make sure that the necessary 3rd party libraries are available.'

I take it that these are the libraries that are noted at:
http://www.explain.com.au/oss/libxml2xslt.html

The page does not have any details for anything past Leopard.  Any
comments on what is needed for Lion will be helpful.  I'd been hoping
to run the code for the function wikiStat() that is given at:
http://expansed.com/2011/08/visualising-wikipedia-search-statistics-with-r/

I will be grateful for any clues.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm