[R-SIG-Mac] Antw: Re: X11 hangs while plotting from R

Peter Kupfer Peter.Kupfer at hki-jena.de
Thu Apr 12 08:27:19 CEST 2012

There all,
well, I have the same problem and X11 show no response at all. I have to quit X11 and R to solve this problem!
So if I start a second X11 window its not possible for me to plot in or to access this second window
All the best
Peter

>>> "MacQueen, Don"  11.04.12 22.29 Uhr >>>
This was R started in what way? Console? Terminal? An xterm shell running
under X11?

Command-Tab switches between applications
Command-`   switches between windows within an application

The following applies to R started in a Terminal window.

You have two applications, Terminal, and X11 (though for me it's a Quartz
window, not an X11 window). After dev.new(), X11 has two windows, Terminal
has one window.

When you use Command-Tab to switch back to "X11" you get whichever X11
window is active, namely the second one. Then use Command-` to get to the
original graphics window.

That's what I think is probably going on.

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627