[R-SIG-Mac] bg= arg. in quartz.save()

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:08:57 CEST 2011

Dear List,

I am having a problem with a .tiff file that I have made using
quartz.save(). I am not convinced that this is an R problem but I
thought I might take a chance and ask the list.
Here is an example:
plot(1)
quartz.save("MyGreatTiff.tiff","tiff", bg = 'white', dpi=300)

I need to upload the file for a publication (.tiff and 300 dpi are
required) and when the file gets uploaded and converted to html and
pdf it shows the background as black. The FAQ at Manuscript Central,
the website that handles the upload, says that it is a problem with
the software used to make the .tiff. However, most software that I use
to view it shows it as white (actually Preview.app displays it as
grey). I have also tried bg = 'transparent' and get the same results
from the website.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks in advance,
Michael

--
Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters