[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.13.1-patched, vecLib problem on Lion

Charlie Sharpsteen charles.sharpsteen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:38:52 CEST 2011

On Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:32:39 AM UTC-7, Yan Zhou wrote:

> > The problem occurs when running R 64 bit.
> > The 32 bit R doesn't have the problem.
> >
> Em, I tried it for 32 bit too, it runs fine. I guess it may be a linking
> problem.
>
> Yan

Not sure if this is the cause, but there was a bug in VecLib that affected
64-bit programs on Snow Leopard. Lion appears to have fixed this bug which
may break any program that was used to the Snow Leopard bug.

More info:

  https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/6649

That presents the bug in context of getting Octave to build, but it contains
many links that fill in the background behind the issue.

Hope it helps!

-Charlie