[R-SIG-Mac] R, C, Fortan and Mac OSX Lion

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Sep 2 15:54:56 CEST 2011

On Sep 2, 2011, at 9:42 AM, Gregorio Rubio Navarro wrote:

> --
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to use a package made of R files and C-code on a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1. This software was tested with R 2.1.1, gcc 3.2.3 and gsl 1.6,

Wow - this is an unbelievably ancient setup (over 6 years old!) ..

> both on linux and Mac (older than 10.7). I have installed   R-2.13-patched (precompiled binaries), gfortran-lion, and gsl-1.15, in the Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1
>
> The following error occurs:
>
> make: f77: No such file or directory
>
> and the program fails.
>
> Can anybody help me?

This seems like a bug in the package - it's using the wrong compiler. You should not write your own compilation targets and make sure you get compiler flags from R. You'd have to provide your package sources if you want us to give you more specific advice.