[R-SIG-Mac] Error while loading packages R 2.14.0

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 16 21:07:58 CET 2011

Simo n,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Simon Urbanek
<simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> static hdf5-1.8.8 and netcdf-4.1.3 are now in http://r.research.att.com/libs/ (and also on the CRAN machine).

Thanks! So far the package does not compile against that but I've
asked the package maintainer to take a look. If you are curious, the
package is ncdfFlow
(http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/ncdfFlow.html) and
the error I get is:
checking for nc_def_var_deflate in -lnetcdf... no
configure: error: netCDF library not found!
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'ncdfFlow'

Seems like this might be a symbol from zlib.

Dan

> Cheers,
> Simon
>
> On Nov 15, 2011, at 9:40 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>

>> On Nov 15, 2011, at 8:36 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,

>>> This is fixed now. At the end of our next build cycle (about 1PM
>>> tomorrow, Wednesday, Seattle time), xcms 1.30.1 will be available
>>> which is once again built against the static netcdf library (version
>>> 4.0.1) that Simon provides on his site. Other BioC packages that use
>>> netcdf (flowWorkspace and mzR) will also be fixed.
>>>
>>> Riccardo, this means that all you have to do is wait until the new
>>> package is available and then:
>>> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>>> biocLite("xcms")