[R-SIG-Mac] R Switch - "incomplete installation"

Garth Howell howell.garth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:49:52 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to switch between R 2.14.0 (from CRAN) and R-devel (from
http://r.research.att.com).

I am using the R Switch application.

First I completely removed R, by moving R.app to the trash and doing this:

rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/R.Framework

Then I installed R 2.14.0 and then R-devel (using the installer each time).

I started the R Switch application and it shows me:

2.14  <incomplete installation>
2.15  2.15.0

If I click on 2.15, it works, I can open a terminal window, type R,
and get R-devel.
If I click on 2.14, I open a terminal window and type R and get this:

-bash: R: command not found

If I install R devel first, the situation is reversed.

This is on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Also, what does the R Switch app do, besides change the 'Current'
symlink at /Library/Frameworks/R.Frameworks/Version?

I'd like to be able to switch between R versions on a Mac where I
don't have desktop access so can't use the R Switch app.

Thanks,

Garth Howell