[R-SIG-Mac] Error while loading packages R 2.14.0

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Nov 15 02:34:40 CET 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 6:54 PM, Riccardo Romoli wrote:

> Hello, I try to install  netCDF using:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --disable-netcdf-4
> make check install
>
> but the terminal say: configure:
>
> error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
>
> I think I need to install the x developer code with the C compiler. It is right?
> Best

Well, you should really ask the BioC people to either a) fix their build [preferably, as Brian said already] or b) tell you which binary they used to build the package and send it to you. If you try compiling things from sources you'll have to ditch their binaries anyway and you get into the whole mess which binaries are supposed to solve which defeats the point. We are already providing pre-built static netcdf (same as CRAN uses) so it's beyond me why they don't use that ...