[R-SIG-Mac] source from clipboard

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:08:45 CET 2011

Dear All,

Apologies for noob questions, under Linux (and Windows) I extensively used:
source("clipboard")
in order to paste commands without cluttering the R session.

Under Mac this has to be somehow different, because I get:
> source("clipboard")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  clipboard cannot be opened or contains no text

I assume this is general Mac behavior, but if it's related to my
locale then I will provide the relevant info.
Thanks in advance for any hint,
Adrian

PS: I do of course use Cmd+C under Mac to copy commands in the clipboard

--
Adrian Dusa
Romanian Social Data Archive